A World of Books
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying Rules

Go down

Roleplaying Rules  Empty Roleplaying Rules

Post by Nightclaw Sun May 15, 2011 10:50 am

Just the RP rules, you must read them before you start any RPs.

Note - at this point I will not be "approving" roleplays like they do on some other websites, because I don't see that we'll really need any reason to. However, this may change in the future.

No adult-only content. Just like the Compositions rule.

Don't start more than you can handle. But this is a substantially more significant rule here, because if you start a roleplay, you're responsible for keeping up with everything in it to make sure it follows the rules - so here it is not just a mere suggestion, but a requirement.

Put your roleplays in the proper category. The categories are explained under each one.

Let everyone know how high the general maturity and fantasy in your roleplay is. This kinda isn't as big as it'd be in the Compositions section, since a lot of the time we can tell how much maturity/fantasy is in the roleplay by reading the rules and plot. But it's still important to put it - just near the top of the page, something like this:

Maturity: This roleplay will contain fighting and, at most, serious kissing in relationships.
Fantasy: This roleplay contains spell casting and belief in gods.
Please also put a very brief summary, such as "Maturity, High; Fantasy, Low" in the description of your RPs.

Please make sure to moderate your roleplays efficiently. This is basically an add-on to the "don't start more than you can handle" rule. If you start a roleplay, please stay on top of it to make sure it follows the rules - I most likely will not be able to do this myself, so you need to all watch out for your own RPs.

Follow the rules of any roleplay you join. Even though I may allow serious kissing on the site overall, if you join a roleplay that prohibits this in it, then you have to respect its rules.

Make sure your roleplay is complete. All roleplays need a few things at least: an explanation of the roleplay or a plot, a form, a list of the characters and who plays them, and rules. Here is what you must include in a basic RP. There is much more you can add to your own if you wish.

Topic and theme: write a short introduction what the RP is about; clarify the setting it is supposed to play in
Characters: describe the type and power level of characters appropriate to the setting; this includes the requirements those who want to join have to fulfill with their characters
Rules: state the rules that apply to your RP; those rules are of course in addition to those stated here and may not contradict them
Character form: it is recommended you create a character form that everyone who wants to join has to fill

~No jumping in on other peoples' roleplays without their permission.

~All posts must have at least three lines of roleplay text in them.

Form:

Name:
Personality:
Other:

No godmodding or powerplaying. Godmodding is having totally powerful characters - maybe they're invincible in battle, or maybe they don't seem to have to ever eat or drink, or maybe even they just look totally perfect. I don't think so - everyone has some sort of flaw. There are of course exceptions, such as Twilight vampires, but I don't want to see all your supposedly normal characters like this. And powerplaying is when you control characters besides the ones you came up with. Most commonly, this is something like making another person's character react to one of your own in some way, but it could also be considered powerplaying if a character of yours finds another person's character who's supposed to be lost in the woods. Before doing anything that affects other characters - especially using some sort of power on them - make sure that the character's user is okay with it.

If someone breaks one of the rules, then give them a gentle reminder. This is mostly for the RP's owner, but if they're not on, any member can do this. (And this goes for all the rules - site rules, section rules, and individual RP rules.) As well, if you are reminded, please respect this reminder.

New parts may not be started until a thread reaches 100 pages, or 1,000 posts. You don't have to make new ones if you don't want to, but if you do, this is the soonest you can.

If you don't have any members right away, don't be discouraged. If your roleplay isn't starting off so well, please don't keep posting things like, "Isn't anybody going to join?" Instead, you can ask another member look it over to see if there's anything you may want to improve.

Remember - anyone who owns a roleplay is responsible for making sure the rules are followed in it. I'll leave it up to you and not interfere, unless I see several repetitions of the rule violation without any warnings against it whatsoever.
Nightclaw
Nightclaw
Admin

Location : A beautiful land filled with dragons, gryphons, hawks, and eagles.

https://worldofbooks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down